CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Category: Contract
Employment Type: Full-Time
Vacancy Type: National
Reporting to: Logistics/Warehouse Officer
- The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for the safe, accurate, orderly and secure storage of warehoused items in his/her provincial area.
- This includes ensuring that all necessary records are in place and up-to-date; that the warehouse is clean, well-maintained and secure; that goods are received and dispatched in a timely and professional manner; and that relevant online – People Soft system is kept up-to-date with correct information.
- This role is therefore responsible for inventory, physical distribution, maintenance and record-keeping.
- Should s/he work in an area in which medical programming takes place, s/he will also be required to ensure that pharmaceuticals are correctly stored in line with mandatory standard operating procedures.
Key Areas of Accountability
Maintaining a clean and well-organized warehouse:
- Ensure that the warehouse is clean, secure (with security features) and well-organized.
- Store supplies on the basis of FEFO (first expiry first out) and FIFO (First in First Out).
- Ensure materials are stored and arranged in an orderly manner in terms of grant, item category and similarity, ease of accessibility, and frequency of item’s movement with the objective of optimum utilization of storage space.
- If necessary, lead on the coordination with Admin to ensure pest control in the warehouse.
- Ensure that the warehouse is locked and has resources in place to prevent theft, flooding and/or fire.
- Ensure that storage space is utilized to the best way possible that guarantees ventilation and workspace movement.
Receiving and Dispatching Goods:
- Ensuring the quantity and quality of materials during delivery through detailed visual inspection and quality check with the raised PO’s and asking confirmation for quality of inbound materials from the requested department.
- Ensure that procedures are strictly followed and that all necessary forms are used, filled and filed correctly during receipt, storage and dispatch of the supplies.
- Update bin card and stock cards when goods are received or dispatched.
- Ensure the GRN and SRF are recorded correctly and filed when goods are released.
- Manage responsibility for the unloading of inbound and outbound freight.
- Manage responsibility for the supervision of loading of shipments – food commodities and other supplies.
- Organize and manage casual workers and labourers, ensure they comply with CARE Warehouse & Storage Management Policy.
- Conduct stock checks and stock reconciliations on a regular basis.
- Process and complete shipment documentation.
- Verify and submit accurate and high-quality stock reports on daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Ensure that the People Soft system is up to date with correct information for all inventory and warehouse data.
- Organizes and conducts monthly and annual inventory and ensure submission of timely stock inventory report.
- Provide support for CARE internal Stock Audit and periodic Partner inventory audit.
- Ensure that all program reporting requirement are fulfilled in timely fashion.
- Abide by policies that prohibit fraud, nepotism, corruption and/or bribery.
- Maintain a strong awareness of Child Safeguarding policies.
- Operate with the highest standards of professionalism, and in a manner that is gender-sensitive and in compliance with Anti-Harassment and PSEA policies.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in humanitarian responses where required.
- Be willing to support and/or participate in trainings and other capacity strengthening initiatives for partners where required.
- University Degree or HND in Logistics or Supply Chain Management, Purchasing & Supply, Material Engineering, Economics or Business Administration.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in warehousing, supply chain management.
- Knowledge of supply chain, logistics and warehousing management is a requirement.
- NGO experience in humanitarian context preferred.
- English is a must and knowledge of local language is an advantage.
- Good report writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven Basic Computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.) is a must.
- 100% Field Based.
Application Closing Date
29th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply.