IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Supplier Risk Management
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Supplier Risk Management.
- Based in Lagos, you identify, monitor and mitigate risks and gaps associated with all 3rd party vendors.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Implement approved vendor risk management frameworks, policies and processes within a broader functional, operational and technology risk management model.
- Collaborate with functions across the business to implement and maintain a streamlined 3rd party risk management process.
- Compile data and complete documentation related to vendor risks. Ensure issues arising are appropriately captured, assessed and mitigated to acceptable levels.
- Work with project teams, procurement, operations and other supporting functions to ensure successful integration and support of pre-award, contract execution, and supplier management initiatives towards delivering savings and inefficiencies from cost, quality, process governance, and compliance perspectives.
- Perform due diligence on individual 3rd party relationships to assess the business-related risks.
- Develop, coordinate, plan and execute risk assessments of 3rd party vendors focusing on compliance with regulations, company policies and internal controls.
- Capture and present the status and exposure of vendor risks for communication to different stakeholder levels – management, executive leadership team, and internal audits.
- Propose, monitor and execute vendor remediation actions and mitigation plans when risks or non-compliance events are identified.
- Manage vendor risks as defined in vendor contracts and in accordance with existing supply chain risk management programs and policies.
- Represent the Supply Chain Risk Governance team as part of a cross-functional work group for vendor risks reduction/ mitigation.
- Influence vendors and business partners to ensure compliance with risk management policies.
- Support risk assessments and provide inputs to the development of recovery plans and corrective and preventative actions related to vendor claims, disputes, registration, and Master Data Change.
- Assist the Strategic Sourcing team in reviewing tender documentation. Make recommendations on contract terms and conditions (T&Cs) to enable performance measurement.
- Engage with and provide guidance to Strategic Sourcing teams on formation and administration of vendors and purchasing processes.
- Recommend alternative or additional tender or contract wording to mitigate, contain and/ or transfer risk exposure and address contingencies where applicable.
- Handle day-to-day questions regarding contracts and sub-contracts while identifying and proposing solutions to address associated issues and risks.
- Report to the Legal and Compliance teams on risk issues which have legal implications arising from the contracting process.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Associate Director, Supplier Management.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.
- Relevant professional certifications, e.g. Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), will be an asset.
- +10 years’ relevant experience working with supplier oversight and subcontracts, including managing risk and compliance issues, or similar experience managing applications, projects or systems that require identification, evaluation and risk remediation.
- Solid knowledge of local/ global industry and government regulations, e.g. SoX, National Communications Commission (NCC), etc.
- Good experience influencing third parties and managing vendor relationships.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Market & Supply Chain Management
- Supplier Management
- Contract Management
- Vendor Management
- Process Improvement
- Supplier Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Teamwork & Collaboration.
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online