Prince Philip’s body was laid to rest in the royal crypt of St George’s Chapel in London.
It was lowered into the vault by an electric motor after being mounted on a catafalque on a marble slab.
George III, who died in 1820 and is one of three kings buried there, had the vault built between 1804 and 1810. George IV and William IV are the remaining two.
As his coffin was lowered, horns were played.
Before the choir sang the national anthem, “God Save the Queen,” the Archbishop of Canterbury gave a blessing.
According to NAN, members of the royal family glanced up as the choir sang and the queen bent her head.
The archbishop then led the 94-year-old queen out of the cathedral, accompanied by her family members.
When he walked away from his pew, Prince William, her grandson, was seen looking back at the vault.
Queen Elizabeth II, who was driven in a sedan, was part of the funeral procession that left Windsor Castle for the chapel. It was her first public outing since her husband’s death.
Philip’s coffin was shrouded in his flag and transported in a green military Land Rover Defender.
Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward, the children of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, marched behind the Land Rover.
The Earl of Wessex, Prince Harry, Peter Phillips, Prince William, Vice Admiral Tim Lawrence, and the Earl of Snowdon were all in the procession.
Queen Elizabeth II trailed behind in a car.
The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery fired a gun from Windsor Castle’s East Lawn during the eight-minute procession.