NASCON Allied Industries Plc (previously known as NASCON Plc), a registered company in Nigeria, was established as a salt refining establishment under the name National Salt Company (NASCON). The company has since evolved with additional business lines to include Vegetable Oil, Tomato Paste and Seasoning with production facilities in Lagos State (Apapa and Oregun), Ogun State (Ota), Rivers State (Port Harcourt).
The leading player in Salt in Nigeria, NASCON has its footprint throughout Nigeria with expanding market share across our categories. A member of the Dangote Group of companies, NASCON is squarely committed to achieving the mission and vision of the group through our products and every interaction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Machine Operator
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for executing machine adjustments, diagnosis, of machine faults, and ensuring all quality requirements and other parameters are achieved in the production process.
- Operate machine with a minimal level of material and waste at all times.
- Generate daily machine operational status/performance report during shift.
- Diagnose machine faults and implement required corrective adjustments where necessary to minimize downtime.
- Perform simple mechanical/electrical troubleshooting on the machine.
- Ensure set up during production start-up, or production changes/plant maintenance and shut down.
- Ensure all quality requirements and performance parameters achieved are maintained.
- Ensures compliance to all policies, procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), with recommendations for action and continuous improvement
- Trade Test I II III and OND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in industrial machine installation, repairs, and maintenance in FMCG
- Knowledge of Food production practices.
- Ability to read schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other technical documents.
- Good knowledge of machine safety regulations, good manufacturing practice, and house-keeping practice of production area.
- Hands-on/technical capacity
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational prioritization and follow up skills
- Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to the position.
- Machine operating skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage pressure and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
5th March, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their CV and cover letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: NASCONcareers@dangote.com