Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting opportunities for young people’s health and development to ensure their successful transition to healthy and productive adulthood. We work with young people, parents, community opinion leaders, youth-serving organizations, government agencies and policy makers to design and implement innovative and participatory projects in education, healthcare and youth development, providing models that have been adopted and expanded by government and other civil society organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Master Trainer for HGSFP 2021
Locations: Lagos and Ogun
Employment Type: Contract
- Over the last three years, Action Health Incorporated (AHI) has been ensuring the promotion of accountability and transparency in the Home Grown School Feeding Programme (HGSFP). In furtherance to this, AHI will be scaling up accountability mechanisms to 340 schools in the four focal LGAs (Ado Odo-Ota, Ifo, Ijebu Ode and Sagamu).
- AHI seeks to build the capacity of Master Trainers on Community Participation towards enhancing Accountability and Transparency in four LGAs in Ogun State.
- Acknowledging the role and importance of community members to hold the government accountable to their promise, community members capacity will be built through improving their understanding of the HGSFP and their roles as stakeholders.
- The overall objective of the training is to upgrade the technical skills of the trainers and enhance their pedagogical capacities to deliver quality training to the Community Accountability Partners (CAPs).
The specific objectives of the training are to enable participants to:
- Better understand the concepts of accountability and transparency and its importance
- Acquire skills to facilitate interactive training
- Acquire basic knowledge on the need for community members to demand accountability
- Discuss their own attitudes and values regarding accountability and transparency
Criteria for Recruitment
- Graduate from a University / Polytechnic / College of Education
- Understanding of local language
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Have demonstrated experience of at least 3 years in training individuals/adult training or community mobilization
- A member of any; Women Club, Community Development Association, Co-operative group etc.)
- Tech-savvy on application such as Zoom, WhatsApp etc
- Must possess an Android phone for zoom calls and pictures
- Evidence of residency within the community/LGA(Utility bill)
- Committed to train for 7-10 days
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
- Between the ages of 25-45 years old
- Experience as a social worker or in social development sector or NGO that has shown a track record of community mobilization.
After the completion of the master trainer’s course, it is expected that the individual will be available to:
- Facilitate / co-facilitate a minimum of five trainings for CAPs.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online