Man being tested for coronavirus accidentally swallows entire swab stick

0
Read Time:33 Second

A man being tested for coronavirus was rushed to hospital after accidentally swallowing the entire swab stick.

The patient had to visit Hull Royal Infirmary after the incident.

It is unclear whether the patient was trying to test himself or had swallowed the stick after visiting a testing station, Hull Live reports.

The sticks are typically around six inches long and are made of very thin plastic, with material on one end.

They need to reach the back of the throat for Covid-19 tests, are snapped in half so they can fit in specimen containers.

Hull Royal Infirmary said they were “unable to comment” after the latest incident on Tuesday.

Leave a Comment Below