Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Reference No.: req10570
Project Overview and Role
- The UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) appointed Palladium as the Supplier to deliver the UK Support for Health in Nigeria – Lafiya contract. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach.
- The programme will run for an initial term of up to 7 years from February 2020 to finish by January 2027 (subject to availability of funding and other approvals by the Client). The objective of the Lafiya contract is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through the following interlinked outcomes (1) increased resources invested in health, and prioritisation of health by Government of Nigeria (through civil society advocacy on human capital, community accountability for health; and use of data to inform government prioritisation of health); (2) improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health services (through health system strengthening, and working with the private sector to improve delivery of affordable health services for the poorest populations); and (3) reducing total fertility rate (through addressing social norms, demographic impact analysis, and support to family planning demand creation and delivery of services). These outcomes will be achieved through a “joined-up, One-Team” delivery of the following outputs:
- Output 1 “Advocacy & Accountability”: Increased demand for affordable basic health services through community accountability, and increased prioritisation of human capital (health, education, nutrition, WASH) through civil society advocacy
- Output 2 “Data for delivery / health prioritisation”: Improved awareness and prioritisation by senior leadership in Government of Nigeria, using data in line with a “delivery-type” approach
- Output 3 “Technical Assistance to maximise Government of Nigeria resources and efficiency”: Improved efficiency of existing resources for delivery of health services
- Output 4 “Private sector”: Improved effectiveness of private sector in delivering affordable basic health services
- Output 5 “Demographics and Family Planning”: Supporting family planning services through demand creation and addressing social norms/behaviour change including analysis and communication of the wider impact of demographics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer shall be responsible for:
Travel and Security:
- Ensure smooth operations at the Abuja office and coordinate any travel logistic support required by the country and state offices.
- Ensure that temporary duty visitors are received at the airport and provided with safe and adequate transportation and accommodation during their stay.
- Work with the security team by providing journey management updates as required.
- Provide guidance and direction to the driver and monitor performance.
- Provide instruction on vehicle use in accordance with policy.
Procurement and Asset Management:
- Support all local and regional purchases as per defined threshold and maintain tracking and documentation systems that will facilitate future processing, payment and audit requirements.
- Assist in procurement, clarifying specifications, analyzing quotations, and seeking for approval, ensuring purchases are made according to approved specification, price, quantity and quality inclusive.
- Maintain up-to-date register of preferred suppliers and vendors and solicit periodic evaluation and performance input from main service users.
- Track contracts and initiate procurement processes to ensure about-to-expire agreements are renewed in a timely manner.
- Ensure inventory quantities are sufficient for needs by coordinating regular inventory checks and timely ordering of supplies.
- Ensure office equipment and facilities are in good working condition at all times.
- Support in maintenance of fixed assets register by updating asset register, issue of asset movement for signing and approval, outdoor asset repair permission, etc. with the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensure tagging and branding of LAFIYA assets is conducted.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance is done satisfactorily and in accordance with policy.
- Process daily financial transactions of LAFIYA National/Federal office including petty cash payments and processing payments of PAYE cheques and any other payments as needed.
- Ensure that transactions are fully supported, approved, properly filed and conform to laid down requirements;
- In liaison with the Finance Manager in Kano, ensure adequate maintenance of all Abuja financial records
- Provide office running cost analysis and forecasting as required.
Other Admin duties:
- Follow-up with Finance & Admin Coordinators/ technical staff in resolving issues as they come up.
- Coordinate delivery of items to the Abuja National/Federal and field offices as the case may be.
- Communicate pressing operations issues to the Senior Operations Manager for technical assistance and further directives.
- Support the review of existing administrative systems and procedures, make recommendations to the Senior Operations Manager accordingly.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
- University Degree required, preferably in Business Administration or related social science field.
- Relevant experience in logistics planning and procurement.
- Experience managing FCDO-funded activities and knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, preferred.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities with attention to details.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office application packages like Excel Spreadsheets, Word or other customized accounting software; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online